For guidance on accessing your Collaborate session (Windows), follow the steps below:
1. Click the Collaborate shortcut located in the Course Menu. "Blackboard Collaborate" is the default name, but this may be different according to instructor preference.
2. You will now see a list of sessions which have been created by your instructor.
- The name of the session and the Date/Time it will occur will be listed here as well. Most sessions will have a default early entry time of 15 minutes, but it may be as much as an hour depending on instructor preference.
- To access the session, simply click on the session title.
3. A new window should appear with a button for you to Join Room or Download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher
4. Click "Download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher" and install this program. Once you click it, a window should appear that looks similar to the one below(NOTE: You should only have to download and install the launcher once for each computer you plan to access collaborate with).
5. Click "Download Launcher" and then click "OK" on the next window.
6. You should see Blackboard Collaborate Launcher downloading.
7. Once it finishes downloading, click "Run" in the pop-up window.
8. The Blackboard Collaborate Launcher Setup Wizard should appear. Click Next and follow the instructions.
9. Once the Launcher finishes downloading, open the meeting.collab file that you get from opening the Collaborate session. You should get a "Starting Application" window.
10. If you receive any Java or Windows Firewall alerts, just allow access.
11. You should eventually see the Blackboard Collaborate launcher, and it should appear similar to the one below. Click "Accept"
12. You should now be in your session.