If you are having trouble viewing a lecture video in your course, try the following steps:
- If the video gives you an error indicating you need the newest version of Microsoft Silverlight, Quicktime, or Java, then make sure you have installed and updated those plugins. If you need help installing these, follow our guide.
- It is also important to check your Internet Browser Security Settings. It is possible the videos will not play if the security settings are not set up properly. You may follow our guide to properly set up your security settings.
- If updating the plugins does not allow you to see the video, you can try opening the video in a different browser. If you are unfamiliar with how to do so, you may follow our guide to install additional Internet Browsers.
- If the previous steps did not solve the issue, there may be a problem with the video settings. Please email us with the course name and video name you are trying to watch and we will check the settings.
- If you are still unable to view the lecture video and the settings appear fine, you should call us so that we may remote into your computer to see if we can figure out what the issue is.