Updating your schedule is an important part of preparing a course for each new semester and is best completed before the start of classes.
1.) In most cases your course schedule will either be in Word or PDF formats. (Please highlight changes in wording)
- For Word: Simply download the schedule and make any changes you need then send it to Online Course Technical Support and we will handle uploading the new document, linking, and updating the items in the course accordingly.
- For PDF: If your schedule is in PDF format there is a good chance we also have a word version of that file stored in the content collection with it. Please contact the Online Course Technical Support and request we send you the Word file associated with the schedule so you may make edits, then simply send the edited file back to us and we will handle the conversion, uploading, linking, and item updates.
2.) If you would like to make the changes involved with uploading the schedule yourself, follow the steps below:
- Inside your Blackboard course, locate the course Content Collection on the left sidebar.
- The DOCX and/or PDF version of the schedule should be located here. This is where you will need to download and upload the file when you have updated it.
- Download the file and make any updates to the dates.
- After you have made your updates, you will need to Overwrite the file in the Content Collection. If there are multiple course schedule files, you will need to ensure that you are overwriting the correct one, otherwise, the links in the course will not update.