In order for certain things to load and display properly in your browser, you may need to change some of your internet browser's settings. For example, if your pop-up blocker is on, it could potentially block necessary windows from appearing. Therefore, you can follow the steps below to update your browser to the optimal settings for taking an online course.
1. Click the Chrome menu in the top right hand corner of the browser toolbar
2. Click Settings
3. Click Privacy and Security on the left side of the screen and then click Site Settings
4. Scroll down to Pop-ups and redirects
- Allow Pop-ups: If a pop-up is not displaying when it should, scroll down to "Pop-ups" and click either "Allow all sites to show pop-ups" or "Manage exceptions..." and manually enter the URL for the site you are having the issue with.
- Note: When a pop-up is blocked, a notification should typically appear in the upper right corner of the browser window, and it should give you the choice to allow the pop-up or to block it.
Choose Preferences("Options" for windows pc's) from the Firefox menu (the button with 3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner).
- Click the Content tab. If you are needing to allow pop-ups to be displayed, uncheck the "Block pop-up windows" box or manually enter the site URL into the "Exceptions..." to only allow pop-ups from that particular site.
3. If you have issues other than enabling/disabling pop-ups you may browse Firefox's support page for "Privacy and Security Settings."
1. Open Safari
2. In the upper left corner of the desktop screen, click on Safari while a browser window is open.
3. Click on Preferences
4. Click on the Security tab
Open Internet Explorer.
Tap or click the Tools button , and then tap or click Internet options.
- On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select or clear the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then tap or click OK.